WHAT IMMUNIZATIONS ARE NEED?
Texas state law requires every student be compliant and up to date on all immunizations. All immunizations should be completed by the first date of attendance. A student may be enrolled provisionally if their immunization record indicates they have received at least one dose of each vaccine required by this law.
All students must be immunized against certain diseases or must present a certificate signed by a doctor stating that for medical reasons, the student should not be immunized. Proof of immunization may be personal records by a licensed physician or public health clinic with a signature or rubber stamp validation. Students who do not present current health/immunization documentation within 30 calendar days of enrollment may be withdrawn.
IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION FOR 9-12th GRADES:
- Diphtheria Tetanus/Pertussis: At least 3 doses, with one since age 4
- Tdap/Td booster: 1 dose within last 10 years
- Polio: 3 doses, with one since age 4
- Measles: 2 doses of measles-containing vaccine after age 1, at least 30 days apart
- Mumps, Rubella: 1 dose of each after age 1
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses over no less than a 4-month period
- Varicella: 2 doses after age 1 OR history of chicken pox illness
- Meningococcal: 1 dose
- Test of immunity is acceptable in lieu of vaccine for measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B or varicella